[horde] Fwd: running HORDE with LAMPP

s-beutel at gmx.de s-beutel at gmx.de
Sun Feb 9 09:51:35 PST 2003

> [Excuse me for sending this mail to consulting at horde.org, but I did not
> find any indication where to send a general question about HORDE.]

The best place is a mailing list like this, thus Chuck forwarded your
message to. Got to http://www.horde.org/mail/ to learn more details. Know that you
need to subscribe in order to post any message.

> Hi,
>
> how can I use the current HORDE with LAMPP?

Why not? Just had a short look over that site  - seems to be quite common.
Having a look to the prerequisites horde requires: a running web server, PHP
and some minor stuff, and - as long as needed - a database. IIUC, LAMPP is
just a kind of distri, not a quite special thing.

> I have installed successfully HORDE with a SuSE 8.0 LAMP-Server (with
> LDAP).
> But the involved programs PHP, Apache and MySQL of the SuSE 8.0
> distribution have several security holes.

Why not fixing them?

>From here on, your mail seems to be very cryptical to me, too. Which
explanation in which FAQ?

> As I do not know how to configure a LAMP-server with HORDE (the
> explication given in the FAQ is nearly cryptical to me), I try to use
> the very easy solution of LAMPP
> (http://www.apachefriends.org/lampp-en.html). This free solution comes
> with the newest versions of the above mentioned programs. And LAMPP is
> the easiest way to set up a LAMP-Server that I can imagine. May be the
> best thing for people like me (without time to study hours and weeks to
> resolve strange config-options).

What is the exact problem you have? Which errors?

> But HORDE does not run at all with LAMPP, although I suppose that this
> is no problem of LAMPP but of PHP4 or Apache2. The problem seems to be
> that the php-skripts of HORDE do not run well with PHP4 or Apache2.

Sorry, but this is not true. Horde runs quite well with PHP4 (for it can run
with PHP4 only). As for me, I cannot prove Apache 2 yet, but besides the
specific probs the earlier versions of A2 has (esp. encryption...), I wouldn't
expect any horde-specific.

> Do you know any solution for this problem?

If you'd ask a real question, certainly someone could help you. "Doesn't
work at all" is not a very good description. If you'd feed us with some details
(e.g. system, server, which horde version, which applications, how to
authenticate etc.), a more productive answer is pretty much expectable.

Kind regards,

Sebastian