[horde] db error

andy at stronzo.d2g.com andy at stronzo.d2g.com
Mon Feb 10 04:14:52 PST 2003

Hi,

just installed Horde from CVS. I got a problem with the database.
Following the readme, I installed the sql-tables. Then I tested it with
mysql --user=horde -- password=horde horde and it works.

But when installing db-related modules like mnemo I get this error when
trying to open it:

DB Error: connect failed

[Zeile 260 von /lampp/apache/htdocs/horde/mnemo/lib/Driver/sql.php]

Same in kronolith. I can see the top of it with the symbols for day, week
etc. but can't connect to the db. The path to the socket is correct:

mysqladmin shows:

Server version          3.23.49-log
Protocol version        10
Connection              Localhost via UNIX socket
UNIX socket             /lamp/mysql/var/mysql.sock
Uptime:                 19 min 25 sec

This is a part of my horde/config/conf.php:

[root at kowalski horde]# vi config/conf.php
// is tcp, but if you wish to use UNIX sockets, change it to 'unix'.
$conf['sql']['protocol'] = 'unix';

// If you are using UNIX sockets, you may need to specify the socket's //
location
 $conf['sql']['socket'] = '/lampp/mysql/var/mysql.sock';

// What port is the database server running on? Not required for all
// databases.
 $conf['sql']['port'] = 3306;

// What hostname is the database server running on, or what is the
// name of the system DSN to use?
$conf['sql']['hostspec'] = 'localhost';

// What username do we authenticate to the database server as?
$conf['sql']['username'] = 'horde';

// What password do we authenticate to the database server with?
$conf['sql']['password'] = 'horde';

All the other modules without db-connect work fine (imp, nic etc.). I was
looking in this list back to August last year but can't find related
issues.

Could somebody please give me a hint?

Thank you!

Andy