[horde] fatal error of HORDE with LAMPP (Apache2 + PHP4)

Chris Shepherd cshepherd at s21c.net
Tue Feb 11 06:43:17 PST 2003

>     Fatal error: Call to undefined function: _() in
> /opt/lampp/htdocs/horde/config/registry.php on line 67
>
> What is going wrong?
> I heard that Apache 2 has problems with interpreting some commands of
> PHP4. May be this is the reason?
> Is there any solution to this problem?

Markus,
  This could have been easily answered by looking in the FAQ.
  http://www.horde.org/faq/admin/trouble/index.php#t44

  "5.1.18 "Call to undefined function: _( )" [Horde 2.0]
Horde 2.0]: This error occurs when PHP is not compiled with gettext support. As
of version Horde 2.0, PHP needs to be compiled with gettext support. Rebuild
PHP with the --with-gettext option to configure, or if using RPM's install the
php-gettext RPM. (_() is a synonym for gettext() in PHP.)"

--
Chris Shepherd