[horde] oci8, blobs and horde_prefs

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Thu Feb 13 12:31:16 PST 2003

Quoting Liam Hoekenga <liamr at umich.edu>:

> So... here's my question - looking at horde/lib/SQL.php, it looks like
> the non-oracle cases are just normal SQL... how feasible / likely is it
> that you guys will switch handling of the pref_value field to the using
> LOB wrapper from lib/SQL.php do to data retrieval / manipulation?

No, there's special handling for both MS-SQL and Postgres in there as well.

I'm not sure how I feel about that idea. I don't see any *obvious*
drawbacks, but I'm guessing that for all but those few huge prefs, a varchar
is a much better/more efficient/quicker way of storing the data.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck at horde.org>
must ... find ... acorns ... *thud*