[horde] Re: Problem in creating Admin and User account using Horde

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Sat Feb 15 14:56:46 PST 2003

Quoting Tulio Llosa <tulio24 at yahoo.com>:

> Eric-
> Thanks for replying.

Please keep things on the list.

>  I tried the list but nobody helped me.

Patience...

> I am using
> horde 2.2 with xml-dom support.  What are the steps to create an admin
> user to login to horde?

There is no "admin" account in 2.2.  Just normal accounts.

> This is what I did:
> I have this in the config/horde.php:
>
> /**
>  ** Horde Database Settings
>  **/
> $conf['sql']['phptype'] = 'mysql';
> $conf['sql']['protocol'] = 'unix';
> $conf['sql']['hostspec'] = 'localhost';
> $conf['sql']['username'] = 'horde';
> $conf['sql']['password'] = 'horde';
> $conf['sql']['database'] = 'horde';
> $conf['sql']['table'] = 'horde_users';
>
> /**
>  ** Horde Authentication
>  **/
>
> $conf['auth']['driver'] = 'sql';
> $conf['auth']['params'] = array();
> $conf['auth']['admins'] = array('admin');

I'm not sure if Horde 2.2 will read the $conf['sql'] array for auth or not.
But from the below, I would say it doesn't, and you need to set it yourself.

If so, you will need to set up $conf['auth']['params'] like you did
$conf['sql'] above.  Someone else on the list can answer with more
authority.

> Now after I put admin/admin in the horde login page I get:
>
> A fatal error has occurred:
> Required 'phptype' not specified in authentication configuration.
> [line 96 of /usr/local/apache2/htdocs/horde/lib/Auth/sql.php]

Pretty much says it all.  You need to specify phptype.  And probably
all the others.

Try something like:

$conf['auth']['params']['phptype'] = 'sql';

and so on for all the settings.

> Details have been logged for the administrator.

Should be in your system log files.

> Any ideas?  Do I have to put something in lib/Auth/sql.php?

No, it all goes into horde.php.

> Thanks again.
>
> PD- Once I get this to work Im going to publish a howto of how I got it to
> work.

Fine.  Or FAQ submissions would be great too.

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics

Why get even? Get odd!