[horde] Re: Problem in creating Admin and User account using Horde

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Sat Feb 15 11:57:37 PST 2003

Quoting Tulio Llosa <tulio24 at yahoo.com>:

> Hello-
> I'm sorry to bother you.  I have been trying for days to setup horde and
> I'm very frustrated.  I'm to the point where everything is configured
> right according to the test.php file but now I dont have an account to
> login.

You need to configure Horde for what type of login to use.  Then, if you
don't already have an account of that type, you need to create one.

> I saw your posting in the mailing list and I was wondering if you could
> help me.

You should really keep this on-list.

> I have created an entry in the table horde_users:
> mysql> select * from horde_users;
> +----------+----------------------------------+
> | user_uid | user_pass                        |
> +----------+----------------------------------+
> | admin    | 21232f297a57a5a743894a0e4a801fc3 |
> +----------+----------------------------------+

Did you use the md5 function for the password?  You have to use md5() as
the password() function of mysql won't work in Horde.

> Now what else do I need to do.  I have horde version horde-2.2 and it has
> a horde.php in the config folder.  What else do I need to do to that file
> and any others for me to login to horde with admin/admin?

You need to setup the horde.php file to use your sql database.  There should
be a $conf['auth'] array that you need to configure for mysql.  Once you
setup that, and have created the account, you should be able to login.

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics

Why get even? Get odd!