[horde] Already authenticated

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Fri Feb 21 21:08:45 PST 2003

Quoting Florent Massiera <fmassiera at hfp.fr>:

> > > I would like to know if there is any way to avoid or pass authentication
> > > information.
>
> Actually I have Horde 2.1 - IMP 3.1 - Turba 1.1
> When our users are authenticated, we create php session variables (but we
> can have cookies or header).

If the other authentication matches the IMAP authentication, then
I think you can set Horde to use IMP authentication, and then
pass the info to horde/imp/redirect.php to log them in transparently.

> What I did in my test platform is the change of the files
> /horde/imp/redirect.php and /horde/imp/lib/IMP.php

You should just need to pass it to redirect.php, without other changes.

redirect.php does the verification of the data that was entered by the user
in the login screen. If you use another method to pass the same data to
redirect.php then you can bypass the login screen.

There should be info on doing this kind of thing in the IMP mailing
list archives...

> But I would like to know if there is no better way to do it (like somewhere
> in configuration files where you can put horde/imp authentication to true or
> false).

You could write something to do this, but I don't think there is anything
for it in Horde 2.1 / IMP 3.1 other than redirect.php

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics

Why get even? Get odd!