[horde] horde license question (docs/*)

James E. Flemer jflemer at acm.jhu.edu
Sat Feb 22 10:47:56 PST 2003

I see the Horde API/framework is licensed under the LGPL.
I would like to base the docs for a project I am working
for on the docs/* files in the Horde project.  Mainly, I'd
like to adapt the Horde INSTALL file for my project since
it is so well written.  I intend to include a footer on all
docs files I get from the Horde project like this:

This document was obtained from the Horde project, and
modified for phpESP.  We would like to thank the Horde
project for providing such clean documentation.  Due to the
source, this document must be licensed under the GNU Lesser
General Public License (LGPL).  The LGPL applies *only* to
this document, all other parts of phpESP are licensed under
the terms in the "LICENSE" file in the main directory.  A
copy of the LGPL is available at:
http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/lesser.txt

However, I'd like to omit references to LGPL, and just
state the source as from the Horde project.  Would any one
object to that?  I will not use any code from Horde, just
some of horde/docs/*.  The license for phpESP can be found
at: (BSD like)
  http://phpesp.sf.net/cvs/LICENSE?rev=.

Thanks,
-James