[horde] bottom navbar? (or menu)

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Mon Feb 24 06:14:25 PST 2003

Quoting joseph <horde at chubbo.net>:

> yessirs, could there at least be an option for this? please? really.
>
> joe
>
> > any chance we can get it back in?
>
> Quoting Chuck Hagenbuch <chuck at horde.org>:
>
> >> There is no bottom navbar anymore.

The following is my opinion only, and not that of the Horde authors
who made this change.

This was changed for some very good reasons.  It isn't likely to be
changed back unless someone comes up with equally good reasons.  So
if you want it changed back, you need to provide reasons.

There was a fairly long discussion about the problems with the bottom
navbar's problems that led up to this change, of which I was a part.
The fact is, the bottom navbar is no longer functional.  We need an
alternative to it.

You may argue if the new navbar is a good solution or not, but going
back to the old one would not be an improvement.  If you don't like
the new navbar, then suggest a better alternative.  Or at least state
a valid reason for needing the old bottom navbar.

Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics
The University of Texas at Austin

Why get even? Get odd!