[horde] bottom navbar? (or menu)

Hobbs, Richard hobbs at mongeese.co.uk
Mon Feb 24 06:28:10 PST 2003

Hello,

What is this new navbar thing all about?? i know what the bottom navbar is, but
i'm getting the impression that it's already been decommisioned, but i still see
it on my version of Horde (http://webmail.mongeese.co.uk)... has it not yet been
released without the navbar then??

As for this new navbar... where is it going to be?

I'm kinda lost in this navbar stuff...

Thanks,
Richard.

Quoting Eric Rostetter <eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu>:

> Quoting joseph <horde at chubbo.net>:
>
> > yessirs, could there at least be an option for this? please? really.
> >
> > joe
> >
> > > any chance we can get it back in?

> The following is my opinion only, and not that of the Horde authors
> who made this change.
>
> This was changed for some very good reasons.  It isn't likely to be
> changed back unless someone comes up with equally good reasons.  So
> if you want it changed back, you need to provide reasons.
>
> There was a fairly long discussion about the problems with the bottom
> navbar's problems that led up to this change, of which I was a part.
> The fact is, the bottom navbar is no longer functional.  We need an
> alternative to it.
>
> You may argue if the new navbar is a good solution or not, but going
> back to the old one would not be an improvement.  If you don't like
> the new navbar, then suggest a better alternative.  Or at least state
> a valid reason for needing the old bottom navbar.
>
> > --

> Eric Rostetter
> The Department of Physics
> The University of Texas at Austin
>
> Why get even? Get odd!

Richard Hobbs
hobbs at mongeese.co.uk
http://mongeese.co.uk | http://fishsponge.co.uk

"There's only one way of life, and that's your own" - The Levellers

Send all your jokes to jokes at fishsponge.co.uk !!