[horde] Re: virtual users setup

Steven Premeau premeau at uwp.edu
Mon Mar 3 11:25:22 PST 2003

> You have to actually code your hook from scratch that does the translation
> based on a database table or file. The hooks provided in hooks.php are just
> examples.
>
> Btw, if you got one ready, it would be great if you can provide it as a
> further example for hooks.php.

Jan -

	I'm willing to work on something like this.. but I'm wondering if you can
provide some information:

I want to setup a IMP configuration that will accept logins for multiple mail
hosts.

For example, if a user logs in with 'username at uwp.edu' it would set their
username to just the 'username', and collect the remainder of the server
settings from the server array with the key 'uwp.edu'.

For example, if a user logs in with 'username at cs.uwp.edu' it would set their
username to just the 'username', and collect the remainder of the server
settings from the server array with the key 'cs.uwp.edu'.

Which varibles do I have to set up to make this work?

If I wanted the "prefs_uid" to be username at hostname (eg. username at cs.uwp.edu),
what would I need to set -- or it could (and should) be glued back onto the
username by the "realm" parameter?

Because I want to make it a "restricted list" -- I don't want to do any
wildcarding tricks, or just blindly accept the @domain.com part of the address.

Thanks in advance,

Steve.

--
Steven Premeau, Network Manager      premeau at uwp.edu           (262) 595-2005
Computer and Network Services              University of Wisconsin - Parkside