[horde] PHP Fatal error

Rick Emery rick at emery.homelinux.net
Mon Mar 10 16:24:12 PST 2003

Has anybody ever seen anything like this, or know what might be causing it?

Every once in a while, horde seems to hang while loading a page. It has happened
when loading an email message, and has happened while refreshing the summary
screen. It has happened on first loggin in, and it has happened after lengthy
usage. During the time, my apache logs are riddled with messages like this:

[error] PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried
to allocate x bytes) in Unknown on line 0

where x is always some number (usually small, between 5 and 20). Sometimes (but
infrequently), an actual line number and file name will appear at the end.

It seems like this started after I used up2date (on a Red Hat 7.3 box), which
updated these packages:

fileutils, kernel, kernel-doc, kernel-source, lynx, pam, pam-devel, python,
python-devel, shadow-utils, and vnc-server

apache is logging a php error, so I can't imagine that updating the above
packages caused the problem, but you never know.

By the way; closing my web browser and reopening it seems to fix the problem
(temporarily, anyway). I've tried restarting apache and rebooting the server,
and can't figure how restarting the browser would fix anything.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance,
Rick

This email was sent using IMP v4.0-cvs, part of
the Horde suite of information management tools.
http://horde.org/