[horde] PHP Fatal error

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Mon Mar 10 18:27:20 PST 2003

Quoting Rick Emery <rick at emery.homelinux.net>:

> Has anybody ever seen anything like this, or know what might be causing it?

I saw it occasionally when I was using RedHat 8.0's php and apache rpms.
I haven't seen it since I upgraded to newer versions.  Not sure if it could
be php or apache since I upgraded both at once.

> [error] PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted
> (tried
> to allocate x bytes) in Unknown on line 0
>
> where x is always some number (usually small, between 5 and 20). Sometimes
> (but
> infrequently), an actual line number and file name will appear at the end.

Yes, exactly what I was seeing.

> It seems like this started after I used up2date (on a Red Hat 7.3 box), which
> updated these packages:

Are you sure it didn't upgrade php or apache?  Or restart them (reboot after
the update)?

> By the way; closing my web browser and reopening it seems to fix the problem
> (temporarily, anyway). I've tried restarting apache and rebooting the server,
> and can't figure how restarting the browser would fix anything.

I think that closing the browser, or restarting the server, either one,
would "fix" it.

> Any ideas? Thanks in advance,

Not really.  What version of php and apache are you running?

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics

Why get even? Get odd!