[horde] Access denied for user: 'root@localhost'

ksri at tifr.res.in ksri at tifr.res.in
Tue Mar 11 03:36:22 PST 2003

Quoting "Marco A. Varanda" <marco at m7info.com.br>:

> Hello,
>
> Im at the point where I want to add the horde database to SQL
> I run the command:
> mysql --user=root --password=xxxxx < mysql_create.sql
>
> and then I get an error:
> Access denied for user: 'root at localhost' to database 'mysql'
>
> My root user has no privileges.
>
> So what I would like to know
> What am I doing wrong here.
>
> mysql 3.23.54 apache 2.0.40 linux red hat 8.0

first of all give all privileges to root user in mysql databse user table and
host table give password based access   to root

then give

mysql --user=root --password < mysql_create.sql ... now the prompt comes as
Password: type the pasword here and it will connect u to mysql

hope this will help
kausalya, SO C
TIFR mumbai india