[horde] Newbee Installation/Documentation help PLEASE

eculp at encontacto.net eculp at encontacto.net
Thu Mar 13 06:39:00 PST 2003

Mensaje citado por Mark Steil <msteil at trvnet.net>:

| Hello All,
|

| I have heard many good things about Horde and the associated modules. And I
| am attempting to install it myself, and have run into somewhat of a brick
| wall.
|

| I have this on lab - RH 8.0 box and I have installed all the supporting
| modules, and resolved all my the conflicts and issues and now I pass all the
| "tests.php"
|

| I have created a username and password in the horde database (horde_users).
| The problem is I cannot log in, on the web interface, and I cannot seem to
| find a FAQ or documentation to help me diagnose the problem.  There are no
| errors being generated in my log files, and I cannot seem to find a clue to
| my problems.  I do not know if the documentation is not available, or I am
| simply not asking the right questions.

What values do you have in horde/config/conf.php for

$conf['auth']['admins'] = array();
$conf['auth']['driver'] = '';
$conf['auth']['params'] = array();

I personally favor application/imp for auth and have found no downside but
as always, YMMV.  admins is important as you will need to create conf.php
files from the conf.xml that most of the applications now have. I assume
you have read the docs/INSTALL file in the applications that you
plan to use and have configured the files under horde/app/config.  I
also recommend the user and admin FAQs at http://www.horde.org/faq/.

Hopefully something in the above will help get you started.

ed