[horde] /horde/ulaform/scripts/drivers/ulaform.sql fix

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Fri Mar 14 10:07:03 PST 2003

Quoting Vijay Mahrra <vijay.mahrra at es.easynet.net>:

> Some improvements to help prevent "dirty data" for the script (at least
> mysql) would be to use INT UNSIGNED instead of INT (assuming that you
> don't want the possibility of invalid negative values stored in those int
> fields) i.e:

UNSIGNED doesn't appear to be portable to PostgreSQL, at least. Not sure
about other dbs.

> Another possible improvement could be to set the type of field_required
> (if you only want 1 or 0 as the value stored) to a BOOLEAN or ENUM:
>
>      field_required    ENUM('0','1') NOT NULL default '0',

ENUM is not a portable field type.

> They are very specfic to our organisation's needs at present but we are
> continuing to develop them within our group cvs.  Perhaps future versions
> they could be released back to horde.  The only thing I think might be of
> interest for now is an sql class I wrote which is used extensively in all
> our modules that require database access, I could send this to you
> personally if you want to evaluate it and see if and how how you would use
> it with your existing modules.

I'd prefer you sent it to the general community, but however works for you,
it'd be nice to see what you can contribute.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck at horde.org>
"... It is not more light we need, but more warmth! We die of cold, not of