[horde] PHP Fatal error

Brent J. Nordquist bjn at horde.org
Tue Mar 18 15:29:26 PST 2003

Sorry for the delay in responding to this!  Answers:

On Sat, 15 Mar 2003, Rick Emery <rick at emery.homelinux.net> wrote:

> I went to download the rpms this morning, and noticed that there are a
> few that I installed from 4.2.2 (on arvin's site) that I couldn't find:
>
> php-gettext
> php-ftp
> php-calendar
> php-domxml

These four are built into the base "php" RPM, so you don't need them to be
separate.  (Arvin differs from Red Hat in which things have sub-packages
(and PHP shared modules); I don't see the benefit of breaking these four
out separately, and prefer to stick as close to Red Hat's SPEC as I can.)

> mod_php (for apache, I think)

Again the base "php" RPM gives you the mod_php shared module for Apache.
Red Hat went back and forth for a bit on whether to have a separate
"mod_php" RPM but they haven't done that for some time.  So you will want
to remove any old "mod_php" RPM you already have installed, before
installing the Horde PHP RPMs.

--
Brent J. Nordquist <bjn at horde.org> N0BJN
Other contact information: http://www.nordist.net/contact.html