[horde] Re: Re: Inheriting Perms

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Sat Mar 29 07:56:27 PST 2003

Quoting "E. Warkentin" <horde at ew-net.de>:

> So I have to grant my permissions for every subgroup too... but isnt that
> quite an overhead in a tree structure? Without inheritation, the tree
> just represents a logical structure, not an actual hirarchy?

Group membership is inherited. Permissions are not. As I have said many
times (though on the dev list, where you should take programming
discussions, probably), this could change at some point, but it is not
currently the case.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck at horde.org>
"... It is not more light we need, but more warmth! We die of cold, not of