[Fwd: [horde] failing to log in to horde cvs HEAD using imap]

Bill Dossett bd at emtex.com
Fri Apr 4 04:41:18 PST 2003

Hi, a have a little more info on the problem below...

in my maillog I am seeing:

imapd: Command stream end of file, while reading line user=??? host=UNKNOWN

when I try and login, so horde is talking to my imapd, but
not sending the user to it it looks like...

I'm using imapd 2001a and I have about 75 users that use
it all day long without any problems so I'm pretty sure
imap isn't to blame and as far as I can tell I've configured
horde correctly...  really struggling trying to get this to work,
any ideas on what to look for would really be appreciated.

Thanks

Bill

Hi,

I've got the following in my conf.php

$conf['auth']['driver'] = 'imap';

// An array holding any parameters that the Auth object will need to
// function correctly.
$conf['auth']['params'] = array();

// For IMAP, this is the server name, port, protocol, etc.
$conf['auth']['params']['dsn'] = '{mailgate.emtex.com:143/imap}INBOX';

and it won't let me log in using my name and pw.

I am currently testing the cvs HEAD version, but was previously
running stable versions and authenticating via imp ...
I followed what was in the config files in putting my host name
and the port was already correct and I guess imap is the protocol
and I don't know what the INBOX bit is, but it was already there
and I just followed the syntax that was there exactly and it just
keep saying authentication failed... is there more documenation
or examples on this somewhere as I'm really having a hard time
with this as the examples don't seem to be complete... there isn't
any example about how to use ftp or any of the other types of
authentication...  and I need to get into this not using IMP so
that I can get create imps conf.php I guess.

Thanks
Bill Dossett