[horde] failing to log in to horde cvs HEAD using imap]

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Mon Apr 7 07:14:01 PDT 2003

Quoting Derek Colley <derek at netsimple.net>:

> I got horde and imp from CVS last night and I am getting similar
> problems...
>
> Notice: Undefined index: alternate_login in
> /var/www/html/sync/imp/login.php
> on line 93

You still have not configured IMP.

> I think this is to do with the new conf.xml file. I had to amend
> horde/imp/index.php to check for conf.xml instead of the conf.php.

>From imp/docs/INSTALL:

   You must then login to Horde as a Horde Administrator to finish the
   configuration of IMP.  Use the Horde "Administration" menu item to get
   the the Administration page, and then on the click on the "Configuration"
   icon to get the Configuration page.  Select "Mail" from the selection
   list of applications, and click on the "Configure" button.  Fill in or
   change any configuration values as needed.  When done click on "Generate
   Mail Configuration" to generate the conf.php file.  If your web server
   doesn't have write permissions to the IMP configuration directory or
   file, it will not be able to write the file.  In this case, cut and
   paste the returned configuration information into the file
   imp/config/conf.php.

You can also run horde/scripts/setup.php from the command line to generate a
default conf.php file.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck at horde.org>
"... It is not more light we need, but more warmth! We die of cold, not of