horde logging (was) Re: [horde] failing to log in to horde cvs HEAD using imap]

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Mon Apr 7 11:19:42 PDT 2003

Quoting Bill Dossett <bd at emtex.com>:

> Thanks, wish that would have fixed it, but unfortunately it hasn't.
> Did an update this morning and I'm still getting nothing in the logs.

Are you getting a login, or not?  If not, then it is likely you won't get
anything in the horde log file.  It really doesn't log that much...

> I was wrong when I said it was creating the horde.log, it
>   isn't, I deleted it and it isn't even creating the log file....

I'm not sure if it will create this file itself or not.  I always pre-created
it and made sure it had the correct permissions (owned by web server
process, no world/other access, etc).  Some one else who knows more about
this can address this issue.  I use syslog logging myself, and only messed
with file based a few times...

> There is something in /tmp.php.log that could have to do with
> it I suppose...

And just what is that?

> the error that I am getting when the horde login  page loads is:
>
> PHP Notice:  Undefined index:  server in
> /home/httpd/htdocs/horde/imp/templates/login/login.inc on line 20

Sounds like you didn't define (correctly) the $conf['server'] array
in imp/config/conf.php

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics