[horde] Compatibility with Red Hat 9.0

Edward Burr horde at email.burr.cc
Mon Apr 14 15:38:20 PDT 2003

On Mon, 14 Apr 2003, Brent J. Nordquist <bjn at horde.org> wrote:
> On Mon, 14 Apr 2003, EdwardBurr <horde at email.burr.cc> wrote:
>
> Yeah, those won't work for either RH 8.0 or 9 (which is why I used the
> "rh7/" directory naming convention when I put them there).  Eric has some
> PHP RPMs for 8.0 but neither of us has done RH 9 yet.  It's "on my list".

I figured that, but had to try since that's all that's available at the
moment. If an RPM will work, I would prefer to use it.

> > The Horde, Imp, Kronolith, Mnemo, Nag, and Turba require the package
> > "apache" which in Red Hat 9 has been renamed to "httpd" and provides
> > Apache 2.0.
>
> Exactly; and the previous ones aren't a good idea for RH 9 because with
> Apache 2.x the /etc/httpd conventions have changed, etc.  This is "on my
> list" also.

As far as I can tell, the config options that horde uses really aren't
all that different. I suppose it could be argued that you should use
/etc/httpd/conf.d/horde.conf instead of adding on to the end of
/etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf, but even that wouldn't be a major problem.

> I suggest at this point you go with Red Hat 9's PHP RPMs and the source
> code tarballs for Horde, IMP, etc. stable (2.2.1, 3.2.1, etc.).  I suspect
> it'll just work.

I'll do that, and let you know what happens.

The only real concern I have is that Red Hat still does not provide
mcal or php-mcal, used by kronolith. Do you forsee any problems
there, or will kronolith be fine without mcal?

Thank you,
Edward Burr