[horde] Compatibility with Red Hat 9.0

Edward Burr horde at email.burr.cc
Mon Apr 14 22:01:26 PDT 2003

Quoting "Charles Hagenbuch" <chuck at horde.org>:
> Quoting "Brent J. Nordquist" <bjn at horde.org>:
> > A lot of people use Kronolith with SQL (we're doing that here).
> > I think the only drawback when using SQL is lack of alarms.
>
> Kronolith 1.1 fixes this. It's currently in RC and not getting much
> feedback after a few initial problems...

I may have to try that then.

So far, I have installed Horde, Imp, and Turba on an out-of-the-box
Red Hat 9 system. The only trouble I had was figuring out how to install
the required pear modules: they were getting dependency errors when
I followed the instructions in the horde (or imp?) install instructions.
I finally found the horde pear page (http://www.horde.org/pear/), and
the instructions there got me working. I'm not sure I like overwriting
the existing pear files, though, as they are part of the php package.
That may cause some confusion if Red Hat puts out an update for the
php package.

Imp and Turba appear to be working. I still need to install Kronolith,
Nag, and Mnemo, but that will have to be done another night.

Edward