[horde] New horde application

Johan Fredriksson eskil at e.kth.se
Sun Apr 20 07:12:54 PDT 2003

Hello!

Since I had no better to do this Easter, I thought I should make myself a
little more familiar wiht PHP in general and Horde in particular. Being
the webmaster for a large academic site where a few hundred students
are using horde/imp to read mail regularly.

So I wrote a small Horde-application to display the current weather and
forecast. Weather-data is avaliable in XML-format from
http://weather.interceptvector.com/
The user can subscribe to weather from any of a few thousand weather-
stations presented by interceptvector. Subscribtions per user basis is
stored in a SQL-database in the normal Horde fashion. Functions to add,
view and remove weather from different locations is finnished and
apparently working.

What I am wondering is: What do I do now?
I would like more people to test this software, and I would realy
appreciate if any of the core Horde developers could take time and
look over the code to see if it is written the way a Horde-application
is supposed to be, or if I just have been fooling around.
Much of the code (most notably the SQL-driver) is shamelessly ripped
from kronolith-1.0 and/or turba-1.2. It is developed against horde-2.2.1,
since that is what our webserver is running. What do I need to do to
port it to horde-3.x?

Happy Easter!

        / Johan Fredriksson