[horde] maildir location with Qmail | Horde | Imp

Peters, Michael D. Michael.Peters at acbl.net
Wed Apr 23 18:28:28 PDT 2003

I posted a message concerning the locations of maildir. I use Qmail,
Courier-imap, Horde and Imp. I did not get an answer but I was able to track
down the answers so I will post my findings.

The historicals are:

I am running this on a Solaris 9 Sparc.

Qmail was dropping mail into my $HOME/maildir directory as it should. I
would log into the imap server with my browser and I could send messages
out. Qmail told me that I had mail arriving although I could not see it in
my Horde | Imp browser session. I found that Horde would deposit the
outbound mail in $HOME/mail. There is the problem.

The solution for me was this:

I needed to edit the line in this file:
/usr/local/apache2/htdocs/horde/imp/config/servers.php on the line entry
that had looked like this:

'folders' => 'mail/',

To look like this:

$servers['imap'] = array(
    'name' => 'IMAP Server',
    'server' => 'boxname.domainname.com',
    'protocol' => 'imap/notls',
    'port' => 143,
    'folders' => 'maildir/',
    'namespace' => '',
    'maildomain' => 'domainname.com',
    'smtphost' => 'smtp.domainname.com',
    'realm' => 'domainname.com',
    'preferred' => ''
);

Now it work and all is well. It seems like a really simple thing to resolve.
Maybe the answer will be easy to find now.

Best regards,

Michael <mailto:Michael.Peters at lazarusalliance.com>
.Peters at lazarusalliance.com