[horde] Horde installation and php-xml support

Brent J. Nordquist bjn at horde.org
Wed Apr 23 20:10:44 PDT 2003

On Sat, 19 Apr 2003, Sun Advocate Webmaster <webmaster at sunad.com> wrote:

> domxml is running ...

That's --with-domxml which is the libxml library, and separate from:

> IMP says I need to recompile php with the --with-xml option.  I read up
> on this and I found out this option correlates to the expat library for
> apache.

Correct.

> That rpm is installed as well, but apparently php is not seeing it.

I'm not sure how Mandrake compiles their PHP.  On the horde/test.php page,
click the phpinfo() link, and look at the big paragraph where it shows you
the configure options they used.  See if "--with-xml" is on there (and if
it says "=shared" though I'm not sure you can do that with xml).  Then see
if there's an "xml" section farther down.

If all else fails, you could recompile the RPM yourself from their SRPM,
or else compile PHP from source...

--
Brent J. Nordquist <bjn at horde.org> N0BJN
Other contact information: http://www.nordist.net/contact.html