[horde] turba ldap connection not working

Jonathan Hutchins hutchins at tarcanfel.org
Sat Apr 26 07:12:50 PDT 2003

After much trouble, I've built an LDAP address book, under
ou=contacts,dc=tarcanfel,dc=net

sources.php has:

$cfgSources['localldap'] = array(
     'title' => 'Shared ldap Directory',
     'type' => 'ldap',
     'params' => array(
         'server' => 'localhost',
         'port' => 389,
         'root' => 'dc=tarcanfel,dc=net',
         'bind_dn' => 'cn=Manager,ou=users,dc=tarcanfel,dc=net',
         'bind_password' => 'secret',
         'dn' => array('cn'),
         'objectclass' => 'person',
         'version' => 3
     ),

With the mapping and the rest as supplied.

binddn is the rootdn per the slapd.conf file, password is plain text (this is
an internal server).

When I try to list/browse the address book, I get:

  Failed to access the specified address book.

What did I do wrong?