[horde] Errors/issues getting Horde framework going...

Jeff Donnici jeff at donnici.com
Sat May 3 16:51:39 PDT 2003

>> Seems to me you've accidently mixed HEAD and
>> RELENG code.  Make sure you get the code from
>> the same branch, and your problems should go away.

Thanks for your help, Eric.

I guess I must not be getting the HEAD version. My understanding was that
I could go to http://snaps.horde.org and then go into /LATEST to get the
current stuff that's in CVS (without having to wait for CVS to actually
pull it down file by file). In that directory, I see two files

horde-2003-05-03.tar.gz  -- I'm assuming this to be the HEAD version
horde-RELENG-2003-05-03.tar.gz -- I'm assuming this to be RELENG

Note that I *have* used CVS with a simple command line of :

cvs co horde

... and the same thing happens -- secret.php is the older version, so I'm
sure there are other files as well.

When I go to http://cvs.horde.org/cvs.php/horde/lib/Secret.php, I think I
see what's happening.

There is a version 1.33 of that file, which seems to be the most current
VERSION (i.e. highest rev number). There is also a 1.12.2.13, which is an
older version (by rev number), but is actually a newer FILE.

So, it looks like I can be assured of getting the latest *HEAD* version by
using this command line:

cvs co -r HEAD horde

Is that correct?

If so, can you tell me what exactly is done to compile the non-RELENG file
that's in /latest on snaps.horde.org?  In general, just grabbing a single
archive is more convenient than the CVS checkout process, but I also want
to make sure I have the most current stuff.

Thanks again for the help,

Jeff