[horde] Object to string conversion in lib/php/DB/mysql.php on line 667

Andy andy at stronzo.d2g.com
Sun May 4 05:06:55 PDT 2003

Hello List,

I just installed Horde from CVS using "cvs co horde" etc. and getting the
following error in several modules:

Notice: Object to string conversion in /usr/local/lib/php/DB/mysql.php on line
667
Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output
started at /usr/local/lib/php/DB/mysql.php:667) in
/usr/local/apache/htdocs/horde/nag/templates/common-header.inc on line 3

Line 667 in lib/php/DB/mysql.php is this:

    // {{{ quote()
    /**
    * Quote the given string so it can be safely used within string delimiters
    * in a query.
    * @param $string mixed Data to be quoted
    * @return mixed "NULL" string, quoted string or original data
    */
    function quote($str = null)
    {
        switch (strtolower(gettype($str))) {
            case 'null':
                return 'NULL';
            case 'integer':
                return $str;
            case 'string':
            default:
  ---> 667             return "'".mysql_escape_string($str)."'";
        }

Happening in nag, I also don't have the button "new task" and can't create a
task-list.

The same error occurs when trying to add a notepad in notes and no button for
"new note".

And in kronolith it is the same: can't create an own calendar. See above.

My horde/test.php shows this:

https://stronzo.d2g.com/horde/test.php   seems to be fine.

Using Apache 1.3.27
MySql 3.23.52
php 4.3.0

I did several installs the last time in the same way, but this error is
completely new for me.

If you need more info, please let me know.

Thanks in advance,

Stronzo