[horde] New install

imp imp at xtremedev.com
Tue May 13 00:44:05 PDT 2003

I've decide to re-cvs checkout -rHEAD again. But when trying to log into
horde as admin, I get:

[Tue May 13 01:37:57 2003] [error] PHP Fatal error:  Call to a member
function on a non-object in /usr/local/www/data/horde/index.php on line
28

I still don't know the proper way to deal with this annoying conf.xml in
horde/imp/config/. All instructions and searches on groups.google.com
all say that I must log in as admin on horde, but no where does it say
how. I tried setting horde/config/conf.php:

$conf['auth']['driver'] = 'imap';
$conf['auth']['params']['dsn'] = '{mail.xtremedev.com:143/imap}INBOX';

But the above error from apache is all that it gave me. Is there another
way to setup imp? conf.xml is starting to really bug me. Just give me a
text file to edit any day. This logging in as admin on horde is just
plain weird.