[horde] Re: permissions ?

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Tue May 13 16:50:13 PDT 2003

Zitat von Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org>:

> Zitat von Eric Rostetter <eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu>:
>
> > Quoting s.burfin at wanadoo.fr:
> >
> > > I have found the problem !!
> > > I have to compile php with "--with-iconv" option.
> > > Don't know why !
> >
> > If iconv is required, we need to change the docs, as right now the
> > docs list iconv as only "recommended" and not "required".
>
> Hm, category serializing now involves converting to UTF-7 that either
> needs
> mbstring or iconv. So, yes, at least one of these extensions (better
> both)
> need to be enabled.

I just reviewed the code and these extensions aren't required. Categories
(what shared calendars actually are) work perfectly without these
extensions as long as you only use ascii characters for the share name or
use a storage backend that doesn't care about charsets and use always the
same language and the administrator doesn't turn utf-8 support on or off.

In short: one of these extension (or better both) are *strongly* recommended
but not required.

Jan.