[horde] OpenBSD packages and PEAR

Anil Madhavapeddy anil at recoil.org
Sun May 18 05:13:33 PDT 2003

On Tue, May 13, 2003 at 07:17:45AM -0700, joe ranier wrote:

> I've searched and searched and still done more
> searching,   and in all this searching I've discovered
> that a lot of people are running into this problem,
> but no one has been able to solve it.  So I come to
> the source.
>
> I am running OpenBSD 3.3-stable.  I downloaded and
> installed php from the OpenBSD packages.  I have PHP
> configured correctly using the php.ini-reccomended
> file as my php.ini.  I am running the newest versions
> of Apache and PHP.
>
> I am also trying to run the newest version of Horde
> (for IMP and Kronlith).  Here is where I'm running
> into problems.

I don't think you've done quite enough searching :-)

OpenBSD runs its Apache in a chroot jail by default;
see the FAQ at: http://www.openbsd.org/faq/faq10.html#httpdchroot

By default, the 3.3 horde/php packages do not respect the
chroot and install stuff outside, so if you want to run
them by default, use the '-u' flag to httpd to run it
without the chroot.

I've mostly fixed this in OpenBSD-current, where the PEAR
packages install under the /var/www hierarchy, and can
be seen by the chroot'ed Apache.  For now, your easiest
option may be to run without the chroot.

Anil