[horde] Horde doesn't login, doesn't log at all

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Wed May 21 14:21:04 PDT 2003

Quoting Chris Rose <offline at shaw.ca>:

> I just downloaded the latest horde (2.2) and i've attempted to install
> it on my server.  Having followed what instructions i could find and
> understand, here's where i sit:  In the /horde directory of the
> webserver, i can get the login dialog.  however, when i enter a
> user/pass (in this instance "horde"/<the horde mysql password>) the
> login screen just blinks out and returns, with nothing happening.

Can we assume you have configured it in horde/config/*.php as per
horde/docs/INSTALL?  Did you set the authentication to use sql,
and configure it for your sql server?

> What i suspect is that there are no users in the horde_users table in
> the database, but i have no idea how to add one, either.

Use the following sql to create a user "admin" with password "admin"
for mysql:

INSERT INTO horde_users (user_uid, user_pass) VALUES ('admin',
'21232f297a57a5a743894a0e4a801fc3');

Then login as that user.  You'll want to change the password asap so that
others don't login and mess with your machine.

> Any help would be wonderful.

>      * MySQL Support: Yes
>      * PostgreSQL Support: Yes

You don't say which you are using, so I assume mysql.  Should probably
be the same in any case.

> I'd append log output, but despite the follwing being set in
> config/horde.php, nothing logs:

See my previous two postings, and/or the list archives, about a problem with
recent PEAR LOG modules not logging.

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics