[horde] cannot login

janis at tempus-ls.lv janis at tempus-ls.lv
Fri May 23 04:04:21 PDT 2003

Hello horde

I have a problem loging into horde. I have horde 3.0-cvs and imp 4.0-cvs. I
have installed all it on RedHat Linux 8.0, i'm using qmail.

The http://myserver/horde/test.php shows that everything is OK. I mean:

Ctype Support: Yes
DOM XML Support: Yes
FTP Support: Yes
Gettext Support: Yes
Iconv Support: Yes
IMAP Support: Yes
LDAP Support: Yes
Mbstring Support: Yes
MCAL Support: Yes
Mcrypt Support: Yes
MIME Magic Support: Yes
MySQL Support: Yes
OpenSSL Support: Yes
PostgreSQL Support: Yes
XML Support: Yes

Everything in PEAR section is "Yes" too.

I'm using:

$conf['sql']['phptype'] = 'mysql';
$conf['auth']['driver'] = 'sql';

but i still CANNOT log into the horde. The Welcome screen appears, but it
doesn't let me log in.

I even tried such sql stuff:

INSERT INTO horde_users (user_uid, user_pass) VALUES ('hordeadmin',
'thepassword');

so now I have $conf['auth']['admins'] = array('hordeadmin');

...but still I cannot log into the horde using this hordeadmin username.

and in the /tmp/horde.log file:

mai 23 15:11:21 HORDE [error] [horde] FAILED LOGIN for hordeadmin
[192.168.0.x] to Horde [on line 92 of
"/usr/local/apache/htdocs/horde/login.php"]

what's here wrong?