[horde] Now, i can login. How the heck do i administer this thing?

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Mon May 26 09:34:30 PDT 2003

Quoting Chris Rose <offline at shaw.ca>:

> I have a user (as seen elsewhere in the list) called admin.

In what version of Horde?

> When i log
> in, i'm presented with a pretty bare screen, though i have imp and turba
> installed and can get at them.  The thing is, my so-called "admin" user
> can't change jack-squat, even his own password.

Via what interface?  Can you get to the admin interface via an icon on
the screen?

>  Having seen the option
> mentioned elsewhere in the list, i tried adding
> $conf['auth']['admins'] = array('admin');
> to my horde.php in config/ but that doesn't seem to have affected anything.

Depends on your version of Horde.  Also, depending on your setup you
may need to use the full email rather than the username, e.g.

$conf['auth']['admins'] = array('admin at domain');

> How can i go about administering this?  What settings in the configs
> matter for these purposes?

Depends on what you want to administer, your Horde version, and your
setup.

> And, on a related note, is there a canonical listing of all the settings
> in the config files, so that i could just look this up myself?

They are documented in the config files, which you should have read
when you started configuring your setup.