[horde] Prefs in LDAP not working

David Pieper david at dpieper.com
Fri May 30 08:44:20 PDT 2003

Anders Bruun Olsen wrote:
> On Fri, May 30, 2003 at 09:52:12AM -0500, David Pieper wrote:
>
>>>$conf['prefs']['driver'] = 'ldap';
>>>$conf['prefs']['params']['hostspec'] = 'ldap.dsl.dk';
>>>$conf['prefs']['params']['port'] = '389';
>>>$conf['prefs']['params']['basedn'] = 'ou=accounts,dc=dsl,dc=dk';
>>>$conf['prefs']['params']['uid'] = 'uid';
>>
>>Are you sure your ldap access rules are working?
>

> Yes, if I use gq I can access the horde attributes correctly (read and
> modify them).

Are you sure?
Who do you bind as when you use gq?
The same uid as you are using to log into Horde with, or an administrator?

>>Do you get an error in your LDAP logs?
>

> No, but then again I don't get any log entries from slapd at all.. but
> it works flawlessly with the otherthings it is used by (postfix and
> courier-imap).

Add the following: (linux)
(This will output a LOT of stuff, so you may not want to leave it set
for too long.)

slapd.conf:

loglevel 296

syslog.conf:

# ldap log
local4.*                   -/var/log/slapd.log

Usually Postfix and Courier-IMAP are only reading from LDAP, so they
don't really apply to your problem.

>>Is the LDAP server on the same machine as your Horde installation?
>

> Yes, for now it is on the same machine, but as I plan to switch it to
> another machine in the future, I use the ldap.dsl.dk hostname to ease
> the transition..

ok

Enjoy,
David Pieper

--
programmer n. /pro gram er/ A device for transmuting caffeine into code.