[horde] Prefs in LDAP not working

Anders Bruun Olsen anders at bruun-olsen.net
Mon Jun 2 02:54:37 PDT 2003

On Fri, May 30, 2003 at 10:44:20AM -0500, David Pieper wrote:
> >Yes, if I use gq I can access the horde attributes correctly (read and
> >modify them).
> Are you sure?
> Who do you bind as when you use gq?
> The same uid as you are using to log into Horde with, or an administrator?

The same:

uid=abo,ou=accounts,dc=dsl,dc=dk

I have also tried having horde use an administrator account, but the
problem is the same..

> >>Do you get an error in your LDAP logs?
> >No, but then again I don't get any log entries from slapd at all.. but
> >it works flawlessly with the otherthings it is used by (postfix and
> >courier-imap).
> Add the following: (linux)
> (This will output a LOT of stuff, so you may not want to leave it set
> for too long.)
> slapd.conf:
> loglevel 296
> syslog.conf:
> # ldap log
> local4.*                   -/var/log/slapd.log

I am using syslog-ng and have entered this in syslog-ng.conf:

destination slapd { file("/var/log/slapd.log"); };
filter f_slapd { facility(local4); };
log { source(src); filter(f_slapd); destination(slapd); };

but I still don't get any logfile there .. also, /var/log/messages is
set to log anything that is not facility(auth, authpriv, mail, news,
local7), so it should log there. However, no messages are coming from
slapd at all.

> Usually Postfix and Courier-IMAP are only reading from LDAP, so they
> don't really apply to your problem.

They also have their own seperate users, so yes, they don't apply.
Once again, I have checked with gq, and my user has write access to the
horde prefs fields.

--
Anders
PGPKey: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x8BFECB41