[horde] Prefs in LDAP not working

David Pieper david at dpieper.com
Mon Jun 2 06:44:32 PDT 2003

Anders Bruun Olsen wrote:
 > On Fri, May 30, 2003 at 10:44:20AM -0500, David Pieper wrote:
 >
 >>>Yes, if I use gq I can access the horde attributes correctly (read and
 >>>modify them).
 >>
 >>Are you sure?
 >>Who do you bind as when you use gq?
 >>The same uid as you are using to log into Horde with, or an
administrator?

 > The same:
 >
 > uid=abo,ou=accounts,dc=dsl,dc=dk
 >
 > I have also tried having horde use an administrator account, but the
 > problem is the same..

 >>>No, but then again I don't get any log entries from slapd at all.. but
 >>>it works flawlessly with the otherthings it is used by (postfix and
 >>>courier-imap).
 >>
 >>Add the following: (linux)
 >>(This will output a LOT of stuff, so you may not want to leave it set
 >>for too long.)
 >>slapd.conf:
 >>loglevel 296
 >>syslog.conf:
 >># ldap log
 >>local4.*                   -/var/log/slapd.log
 >

 > I am using syslog-ng and have entered this in syslog-ng.conf:
 >
 > destination slapd { file("/var/log/slapd.log"); };
 > filter f_slapd { facility(local4); };
 > log { source(src); filter(f_slapd); destination(slapd); };
 >
 > but I still don't get any logfile there .. also, /var/log/messages is
 > set to log anything that is not facility(auth, authpriv, mail, news,
 > local7), so it should log there. However, no messages are coming from
 > slapd at all.
 >

 >>Usually Postfix and Courier-IMAP are only reading from LDAP, so they
 >>don't really apply to your problem.
 >

 > They also have their own seperate users, so yes, they don't apply.
 > Once again, I have checked with gq, and my user has write access to the
 > horde prefs fields.

Do you have a line in your slapd.conf like this?

loglevel 296

What do your ACL's look like?

You really need to get the LDAP logging working, you'll be able to spot
the problem quickly once you see what's going on.

Enjoy,
David Pieper

--
programmer n. /pro gram er/ A device for transmuting caffeine into code.