[horde] Can horde be used by 100,000 users?

Myke Place mp at xmission.com
Tue Jun 3 10:08:09 PDT 2003

Our installation is a quarter that size of the one that you're
considering, but I can tell you that for our user base, the Zend
Performance Suite (www.zend.com) has made a big difference in performance.
Pages render faster and our users are happier.

We've been very happy with Horde/IMP for our userbase.

I thought that I would mention Zend as something you might want to
consider if you decide to go with Horde/IMP.

-mp

* Adrian Teasdale (adrian at justcompete.com) [030603 04:14] spake thusly:
> Hi
>
> We have been contacted by an organisation that want to create a very large
> portal site. They estimate that initially there will be 100,000 users, but
> this figure could grow.  They want the following:
>
> 1. Web based email
>
> 2. Calender (for the persons own use, not shared)
>
> 3. File store (and sharing) and image store (and sharing)
>
> and a load of other "stuff" not related to horde. I would be interested in
> other sites that are running horde with this kind of traffic
>
> Best regards
>
> Ade

I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about
human nature that the only life we have created so far is purely destructive.
We've created life in our own image. -Steven Hawking