[horde] 100,000+ users - Thanks, + more questions

Adrian Teasdale adrian at justcompete.com
Tue Jun 3 23:32:03 PDT 2003

Hi there

May I say thanks to everyone who provided help with my previous question
about using Horde.  I have now decided to recommend it to my potential
client along with some changes and additional programming we will do for him
(if we get the job that is!). The help that you provided was very useful and
what I am trying to do seems like nothing in comparison to what some people
are using Horde for!

For a base amount of users of 100,000 I would be interested in knowing what
hardware people would recommend.  Would it be wise to use a seperate server
for the email and one for the PHP applications or is it more complex than
that? I appreciate that this list is relating to Horde, and my question may
appear a little OT, but I'm wondering what kind of setup I would need (in
terms of hardware) to run 100,000 users who, we should assume, will be using
the system daily.

Thanks

Ade