[horde] PEAR

Peter Robinett peterr at uchicago.edu
Tue Jun 10 23:04:06 PDT 2003

I'm running PHP 4.3.1 with Horde 2.0 and the latest version of PEAR from
the horde website. I've gone through and configured my whole
installation. However, when I run horde's test.php file it tells me I
don't have the latest version of PEAR. I am able to get to the main
horde page and enter a user name and password (using ftp
authentication). However, once I hit submit I get this:

Warning: write(Crypt/HCEMD5.php) [function.write]: failed to create
stream: No such file or directory in
/var/www/html/members/horde/lib/Secret.php on line 41

Warning: write() [function.write]: Failed opening 'Crypt/HCEMD5.php' for
inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear') in
/var/www/html/members/horde/lib/Secret.php on line 41

Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: crypt_hcemd5 in
/var/www/html/members/horde/lib/Secret.php on line 43

I've gone and look at Secret.php. Line 41 is an include_once of the that
PEAR file. However, the file exists, and the PEAR directory is at
/usr/share/pear, as mentioned on the second line of the error output.

So, what does this mean? Do I have a problem with PEAR? Do I need to
install Horde 2.2? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

Peter Robinett

PS Sorry about the lengthy nature of this message. I've exhausted all
the options that I know of except this mailing list. I've included lots
of details so hopefully no one will have to ask for clarifications about
my system. Thanks again.