[horde] help with admin...

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Sun Jun 15 23:24:29 PDT 2003

Quoting Rick Kukiela <horde at tech-nine.net>:

> Hi,
>
> I just installed horde on my intranet website

What version?  From the rest of your mail, I assume you installed the
release version...

> and im having difficulty
> installing trean and hermes

Those are only available as CVS HEAD modules, and won't work with the
release version of Horde.  So you will need to install the release
version of Horde if you haven't already, if you need these apps.

> because the instructions call for me to log into
> the horde framework as an administrator... how exactly do i do this? i

If you have the CVS HEAD version of Horde, it is in docs/INSTALL.

> cannot find anything in the the INSTALL doc that refers to setting up an
> admin account or logging in as an admin.

Then you must have mixed HEAD and RELENG versions, as it should be in the
docs/INSTALL file.

> Also, I am having trouble with turba, i want to save my adress book stuff in
> an sql db, i set up the database as per the turba/scripts/drivers directory
> but in the conf.php file for turba there is no driver lines... how do i
> configure this to work properly...

You configure it in config/sources.php

--
Eric Rostetter