[horde] Horde/IMP/Apache and Send Mail

nappy_d nappy_d at rogers.com
Mon Jun 16 10:06:57 PDT 2003

Hi all,
        This is probably a real "dumb @ss" question, but here goes.  I have EVERYTHING for horde running smoothly now.  I have setup a guest user login for my potential clients to look at the Horde site if they wish to use something like this for web-email access.  All is good, the dirs are Read Only and so forth for the user "guest".  The issue I have is that in send mail I have set it up so that mail sent from the user guest would be rejected with and SMTP error message and a custom error I have entered explaining why it has been rejected.  The problem is that mail is still being sent from the guest user.  When I looked at the header(correct me if I'm wrong) but it appears that it is apache is the trusted user to sending mail and then it is sending the mail with the user's name somewhere on the backend.  How can I fix this so SendMail can not deliver outbound mail from the user "guest" or, is this a SendMail and not a Horde/IMP issue?  I am using the following Horde packages:

I recently installed the following with pear 1.1 on a RedHat 7.3
> system and imap2000a:
> sendmail
> * Horde: 2.2.3
> * IMP: 3.2.1