[horde] Horde/IMP/Apache and Send Mail

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Mon Jun 16 12:23:08 PDT 2003

Quoting nappy_d <nappy_d at rogers.com>:

> Only and so forth for the user "guest".  The issue I have is that in send
> mail I have set it up so that mail sent from the user guest would be rejected
> with and SMTP error message and a custom error I have entered explaining why
> it has been rejected.  The problem is that mail is still being sent from the
> guest user.  When I looked at the header(correct me if I'm wrong) but it
> appears that it is apache is the trusted user to sending mail and then it is
> sending the mail with the user's name somewhere on the backend.  How can I
> fix this so SendMail can not deliver outbound mail from the user "guest" or,
> is this a SendMail and not a Horde/IMP issue?  I am using the following Horde
> packages:

One easy way, which is probably possible and won't cause too much of a problem
(maybe a bit slower performance) is to switch to SMTP sending rather than
using the local sendmail command.  Then it should block it as you desire.
Not sure if the user will get back the full custom error text or not, you'll
have to try it and see.

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics