[horde] rakim notifying tech that a user has closed browser, and rakim notifying tech that user is online.

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Mon Jun 16 12:00:06 PDT 2003

There's a rakim mailing list - let's take threads there, if possible.

Quoting "Tom Hodder (ECNOW LTD)" <tom at scriptsupport.co.uk>:

> I noticed that if a user closes the browser window, then the tech is not
> notifed that the user has gone, is the expected behaviour?

You're not running rakim/scripts/chatMonitor.php - you need to have cron run
it every minute or so. All three scripts in that directory should be run
regularly.

> Also, unless the tech has the chat window at the front then they are not
> notified that as user is waiting, is there a way to get the tech window to
> flash or pop to front?

You can have it play a sound. I guess a patch to focus the window would be
fine with me (as a preference).

> I also noticed that a real player error message was appearing when a user
> logged in so I uninstalled realplyer and it went, but it meant that the
> problem above ocurred.

You had your preferences set to play a sound, and it was trying, but your
computer was misconfigured.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck at horde.org>
The alligators were there, too, in a bathtub inside the house.