[horde] MOTD application and a CVS question

Brian M.Dube brian.dube at gotgoat.com
Fri Jun 20 15:23:25 PDT 2003

Thank you for the interest. The most recent messages (how recent would
be a configurable option) would be displayed at login, where motd.php
is currently displayed. The application's API would provide the ability
to display this abbreviated list of messages. The separate application
would allow users to view all the messages, even sorted by some field
like system maintenance, downtimes, etc. For administrators, the
application would provide the GUI for managing the messages and setting
options. I don't see the need for many preferences at the user level
right now. For example, how many messages to display on the login
screen: a user preference wouldn't be useful here since authentication
hasn't taken place.

For your last question, which MOTD, I think that depends on
authentication. If you use IMP to authenticate, then
imp/config/motd.php is displayed on the login page and
horde/config/motd.php is unused. I'm not yet sure how this application
will interact with the various motd.php files. Suggestions are welcome.

Brian

On Friday, Jun 20, 2003, at 16:46 US/Central, sting at mail.mcneese.edu