AW: [horde] Administration and virtual domains

dadirtyluk news4dadirtyluk at gmx.de
Mon Jul 7 06:26:06 PDT 2003

>I've seen a few messages fly by about a horde administration page.  Does it
>exist?  Is there documentation for it to tell me how to set up an account
for it
>and to access it?

version of horde?

horde/config/conf.php :

$conf['auth']['admins'] = array('admin1', 'admin2');

for newer version (daily snap, cvs) the admin-menu is built-in
if you have the menu on the left side, you should have the admin menu too
(if logged in as admin...)

>but... using the Cyrus/Postfix solution
>for virtual domain requires the user to append the domain name to their
username
>to create a 'correct' username for the virtual domain.  Now, it appears
that the
>framework for this already exists within horde so that the user does not
need to
>type in the abnoxiously long name, just the normal username and horde/imp
will
>do the appending.  Can't seem to see how this is done, or at least done
>correctly.  I've tried and imp seems to ignore me.  I check the logs and it
just
> sends the username as typed and does not append the domain name to the
username.

imp/config/servers.php:

set a realm, then it should work

'realm' => 'blah'

user -> user at blah

that's what you want, right?

>I hate to ask for hand-holding...I do it all day for college professors,
but a
>bit of detailed feedback would be greatly appreciated.

but rtfm sometimes too ; )

best regards

	udo

Michael J Barber