AW: [horde] Administration and virtual domains

Michael J Barber mbarber at barbersweb.net
Mon Jul 7 09:13:46 PDT 2003

I have read the documentation at least what I can find of it. I have tried
reading through the configs, as they are somewhat self documenting and notes are
included for most settings(if not all). As I said I'm just slow.

I apologize, I did forget to include version information.  I am running the
latest stable version of horde and imp.

Yes, I am looking for user = user.domain.com

Thanks.

Michael J Barber
SUNY Plattsburgh
CMS Computer Labs Technician
116D Feinberg Library
Plattsburgh, NY 12901
518.564.2319
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Quoting dadirtyluk <news4dadirtyluk at gmx.de>:

^^ >I've seen a few messages fly by about a horde administration page.  Does
^^ it
^^ >exist?  Is there documentation for it to tell me how to set up an account
^^ for it
^^ >and to access it?
^^
^^ version of horde?
^^
^^ horde/config/conf.php :
^^
^^ $conf['auth']['admins'] = array('admin1', 'admin2');
^^
^^ for newer version (daily snap, cvs) the admin-menu is built-in
^^ if you have the menu on the left side, you should have the admin menu too
^^ (if logged in as admin...)
^^
^^
^^ >but... using the Cyrus/Postfix solution
^^ >for virtual domain requires the user to append the domain name to their
^^ username
^^ >to create a 'correct' username for the virtual domain.  Now, it appears
^^ that the
^^ >framework for this already exists within horde so that the user does not
^^ need to
^^ >type in the abnoxiously long name, just the normal username and horde/imp
^^ will
^^ >do the appending.  Can't seem to see how this is done, or at least done
^^ >correctly.  I've tried and imp seems to ignore me.  I check the logs and
^^ it
^^ just
^^ > sends the username as typed and does not append the domain name to the
^^ username.
^^
^^ imp/config/servers.php:
^^
^^ set a realm, then it should work
^^
^^ 'realm' => 'blah'
^^
^^ user -> user at blah
^^
^^ that's what you want, right?
^^
^^ >I hate to ask for hand-holding...I do it all day for college professors,
^^ but a
^^ >bit of detailed feedback would be greatly appreciated.
^^
^^ but rtfm sometimes too ; )
^^
^^ best regards