[horde] Configure horde

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Mon Jul 7 10:30:05 PDT 2003

Quoting marcbey <marc at futuresubjunkys-now.org>:

> The horde/test.php script runs good, the only thing is that php has no
> MCAL Support.
> Is MCAL support necessary?

No, it is only used (AFAIK) by kronolith, and even for kronolith is
optional (it can use sql instead).

> I run the mysql_create.sql(with default user and passwort), it creates
> the tables in mysql.

Correct.

>      97 $conf['auth']['driver'] = 'sql';
>     101 $conf['auth']['params'] = array();

Correct.

> but when i go to login.php
> nothing happens when i insert username horde and password horde.

That is the login/password for the database, not a user login/password.
You need to create actual user logins/passwords in the database for logins.
The password must be an md5() crypt, and not plain text or mysql's
password() format.

> There is also nothing in the horde.log logfile.

Could be due to a wrong setup, or due to a problem with your versions of
Horde and the PEAR LOG module.

> Is the some functionality behind this login in standart HORDE
> installation without having
> Some modules like IMP?

You need to create accounts.  You can install IMP or gollem to handle
logins for you, but you do not need to.

> Maybe someone can send me his horde.php config file for mysql.

You file is fine.  You just need to create user accounts.

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics

Why get even? Get odd!