[horde] problem getting login to remote server.

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Tue Jul 8 07:20:38 PDT 2003

Quoting pratik at vadodaramail.net:

> I have posted my mesg earlier, but i didn't get any responce & i am once
> again
> sending it please help me out

You really need more well formed questions.

> for i have recently upgraded my horde & imp

Did it work before the upgrade?  Upgrade from which version to
which version?  Did you upgrade anything else like apache, php, etc?

> here's
> the url for test.php
> http://mail.vadodaramail.net/horde/test.php

Seems to be a rather old version still for an upgraded system.

> I am using virtual domains which are on same server, i do have few more
> domains
> which are on different physical servers or say on remote servers on which
> imap &
> pop3 is already configured

Configured, or working?

> my problem is when i try to connect to my local
> server or any virtual domains on local server i am able to check mails

So this all works fine.  Great.

> but if
> try same for remote servers i am unable to connect via imap but i m able to
> connect via pop3 which i don't want to.

Unable to connect isn't so useful.  Do you get an error message? How about
via the horde/imp/test.php login test?  Do you see anything in the log
files of the remote servers?  Does it hang, or return an error, or crash
the browser?  Can't help without decent information.

> Can any body highlight what can be
> problem like ?

Endless prossibilities.  Bad c-client version.  Firewall issues. tcp_wrappers.
Authentication issues like /notls or /ssl or /novalidate-cert.  Typo in a
config file.  Bad configuration for the imap server.  No point in my going
on.

> Waiting for suggestions.

Provide more details.  No one can help without more details.

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics

Why get even? Get odd!